Beautiful Flower Beds
If you don’t strictly follow the process then you might not be able to have blooming flowers in your garden. The basic step in having beautiful flowers in your garden/lawn is creating a flower bed. This bed is the place where your flowers will grow. Basic steps involved in flower bed creation are discussed below:
- Design Development: The first step in creating a flower bed is, developing a design. You can virtually do it on computer aided software. Using these tools you can develop a landscape design according to the place available at your exposure. One thing which you should ensure while creating the flower bed is that the place should have the soil of a good quality. If the place lacks quality soil then your flowers won’t grow properly.
- Dig the Place: The next thing you need to do is dig the place which you have selected for flower plantations in your lawn/garden. Make sure you don’t dig too deep because this might reduce the growth prospects of your plants.
- Level the Bed with a Rake: After digging is carried out, level the bed with a rake. Use the rake to break down large pieces of soil. Since flower growing plants are delicate compared to other plants and trees, therefore the soil used for their growth should be of best quality.
- Install the Plants/Seeds: After you have completed the leveling of the bed, the next thing you need to do is introduce seeds or small, already grown, plants into the soil. Place small plants at the front and larger at the back. Otherwise, small plants will hide behind the bigger ones once their growth kick starts.
- Water: After installing plants/seeds, water the flower bed. This process is very important as water helps in nutrient transportation from the soil into the plants. Moreover, it also helps them in photosynthesis process which is essential for their growth.
- Add Mulch to Avoid the Growth of Weed: Weed hinders the smooth growth of your plants. Therefore, its removal should be carried on a regular basis. You can either hand pick the weed plants or add mulch to stop the growth altogether. Mulch should be replaced with the new one after intermittent intervals.
- Prune the Plants: Lastly, prune the plants to ensure their smooth growth. Cut the over extending parts of the plants. Pruning is very important when it comes to plant development. This not only helps them maintain posture but also ensures a thorough growth of the plant.
Grand Prairie Flowers
Prairie Tree and Landscape offers its flower bed creation services for the growth and development of beautiful flower plants at your place.
With our help, you can transform the backyard of your house into a lavish garden.
Moreover, we are offering lawn care, tree installation, and other horticulture services as well.